Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Haunted- Jessica Verday

The Haunted (The Hollow, Book 2)

Has anyone read this yet? I am doing this awkward thing where I am forced to put it down to like read a school book or go to work (gasp!) or something else equally not as fun as reading Y.A and then... I have no desire to come back to it. I force myself to though because I am like halfway through and then I am sucked back in and wonder 'how could I have ever thought that' and then I repeat the process. Love, put down, forget, drag ass, start reading again, love. wonder why?

This book is utterly forgettable. So while its a good read, don't stay away from it for any length of time or you might be tempted to not pick it back up again and finish.

Also I am reallly confused because I thought in the first one the author spent a lot of time making her character like you know a major goth. and possibly her twin (see back cover insert thing). Ok So I get that. Slightly overweight, unruly (yet gorgeous curls) and goth. cool. But in this book, I have mention of unruly curls only once so far and no goth mentions. She is wearing white sundresses with like daisy's on them? I can't picture this girl anymore. Maybe that's why this book is so forgettable. idk.

0 Comments: