Saturday, April 9, 2011

Recently Read Books

I haven't been keeping up with book reviews as much as I'd like, because well, if you are reading this for the first time, I am on a sailing trip in the bahamas for 6 - 12 months, but I still want to keep track of what I'm reading in the meantime and keep the site live until I get back, so here are the latest and greatest books. Sadly I cannot download books for my Nook from BN.com out of the country. Gasp right?

Wither - Lauren Destefano - First in Chemical Garden Trilogy. This one I will say was EPIC! It just came out so be sure to get it.


Life As we Knew It 1,2,3 (series) - Susan Beth Pfeffer. This one was so amazing I lent my husband my Nook so he is currently reading it so we can discuss it, he doesn't usually like my books of course,... he will however watch Twilight with me and much to my chargrin is team Jacob. haha

Sleepless - Cyn Balog

Sarah Dessen - The Truth About Forever (boring), Along for the Ride (really good)


Dead Beautiful - Yvonne Woon. This one kinda dragged at the beginning but good plot.

Halo - Alexandra Adronello. Do covers ever speak to you? I know I'm not supposed to 'judge a book by its cover' but sometimes I really can tell and this one of course was as great as the cover was pretty.

Nevermore - Kelly Creagh. Really good!

Stray - Rachel Vincent - Werecats Series 1. This is interesting. It reminds me VERY closely to the Mercy Thompson series, and the cover was pretty cheesy so I was nervous about it, but it was actually good and there's alot in the series so thats a plus.

Peeps - Scott Westerfield

Love You, Hate You, Miss You - Elizabeth Scott

Beautiful - Amy Reed. Wonderful. Reminds me of my favorite, Pretty, Little, Dirty.

Nightshade - Andrea Cremer

River Marked - Patricia Briggs. Mercy Thompson Series Book 6

I may have already got this in a previous blog but, We'll Always Have Summer - Jenny Han Get this, I didn't realize this was a series, so imagine how distraught I was when I started reading The Summer I turned Pretty, AFTER We'll Always Have Summer. Being in the Bahama's also has the disadvantage of less internet time to do my research, but hey, I can hardly complain. Upside is more time to read on the beach!

Sharing Sam - Katherine Applegate

Deadly Little Secret - Laurie Faria Stolarz

Between Here and Forever - Elizabeth Scott

Return to Paradise - Simone Elkeles

Shift - Sequel to Shade, and just as good!

Sixteenth Summer - Michelle Dalton

I was lucky enough to get a gorgeous ARC of Huntress by Melinda Lo which I will be reading soon.

0 Comments: