Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Books coming out to be excited about

Dark Flame (Immortals)

Dark Flame: The fourth book in the 'Immortals' series by Alyson Noel. This book comes out June 22nd 2010. This is the only series/author besides the Twilight Saga, that I have all of the books of. That should tell you this is a series worth reading if you haven't yet. You still have plenty of time before it's release to catch up. It's an easy read about a typical girl who falls in love with a boy, enter conflict: he's immortal, and all immortals have enemies.


Love Bites (Vampire Kisses, Book 7)

Love Bites: Vampire Kisses book 7 by Ellen Schreiber
This is a really awesome series that keeps you wondering for a LONG time, is Alexander or isn't he a vampire? Without giving anything away, Raven is an girly but goth outcast in her rich preppy town that has lurked around an abandoned mansion for years, until one day she gets caught by it's new inhabitant. She isn't the only who who has seen him however, and around town, as they are courting each other the rumors fly.

Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games)

Mockingjay: The final book in The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins
The first book, The Hunger Games, I had seen sitting in the various bookstores on display in my favorite section for months but was hesitant to read it, because truthfully, it didn't sound like it was my type of book. A friend convinced me to read it though and OMG I am so glad she did. This is an awesome story of adventure, while still being science fiction enough to capture my attention and had enough star-crossed lovers to make me bite off all my nails. It has the same appeal as Twilight in that, neither of her two guys that she has to pick between is a BAD guy, they are just different, and same as Jacob and Edward each have their 'teams', there are people rooting for each of Katniss's prospects. I only wish this book were out now, although knowing its the last in the series then what would I have to look forward to?

OH! I know! ------

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella (Twilight Saga)

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: A Twilight Novella - Stephanie Meyer

Drool. Luckily I don't have to wait much longer for this. As much as I mention Twilight on here, this is probably going to get flagged by Google as a Twilight fan blog. And I'm ok with that. Seriously though, for all of us who were broken hearted at the end of Breaking Dawn, the Twilight Sagas final book, having something on the horizon from Stephanie Meyer and Twilight related even, is just a big breath of relief.

Sigh.







-As always, if you click the image's of the books it will take you to Amazon's pre-order page

0 Comments: