Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Spells - Aprilynne Pike



I was anxiously waiting for this book to come out, along with everyone else it seems. However, when I finally got the book I couldn't remember why. I spent the first two chapters trying to remember what the first book was about, and the remaining chapters not caring.

To refresh your memory in case it's been awhile: In the first book, Laurel starts growing a flower out of her back and finds out she is a faerie sent to live with humans to guard the land that holds the gate the faerie.

Right? OK... Spells, picks up with her human bf and faerie crush of course, each vying for her attentions and she is sent to faerie for the summer to catch up on her faeri'ness schooling. It was all quite boring, and the author went a little far with the sprouting/plant faerie idea. In some of the story line she says talks about baby sproutlings (faeries) don't grow up with their parents for the good of civilization, but then in other chapters, faeries are spending time with, or talking about their parents, etc. Which is it? I couldn't really wrap my head around faerie's being plants. This book was a FAIL.

0 Comments: