Saturday, September 4, 2010

Infinite Days - Rebecca Maizel ... and a House of Night Series Rant

Uggh!!! Look at this Gorgeous book! It is even more stunning in person, the whole cover glitters, and wow. This cover is amazing artwork. I love how it is so classic looking yet the F in infinite is slightly leaking blood. UGHHH!

Why am I uggghinngg?? I back of the book is amazing too! It reads this .....


"Throughout all my histories, I found no one I loved more than you...no one."

Those were some of Rhode's last words to me. The last time he would pronounce his love. The last time I would see his face.It was the first time in 592 years I could take a breath. Lay in the sun. Taste.
Rhode sacrificed himself so I, Lenah Beaudonte, could be human again. So I could stop the blood lust. I never expected to fall in love with someone else that wasn't Rhode.But Justin was...daring. Exciting. More beautiful than I could dream.
I never expected to be sixteen again...then again, I never expected my past to come back and haunt me...



Also the book says in parentheses online (Vampire Queen). Uber coolness. This book was horrible! I couldn't make myself read it and I really really wanted to. I still want. Has anyone else read it and had a different opinion? Please tell me if so. If you have a copy and you loved the book so much you really want me to read it, if someone donates it I will promise to read it. I had to return my copy to the library because I was tired of the frustration.

It seemed so utterly ... trying too hard. Yes I get it, she hasn't been awake in 100 years. Thats no reason to spend the rest of the book (or as far as I read), explaining why she woke up when her alarm clock went off (because she read the directions on that silly machine) or how she is learning to talk like normal teenagers.

I haven't cringed so hard since the house of night series novel 'Hunted' or 'Tempted'. They are all blurring together. Whichever book it was that finally got to the point where Zoey had so many boys that it no longer became nightbiting and like you actually cared who she ended up with but just pathetic. Horrible writing and I am ashamed at that family churning out books every 5 days. (estimate). Seriously, in the book I gave up reading that series on, she had 4 guys that I can remember. Including the evil but hot whatever his name is that she was bound to or whatever. Then Erick, then her human bf, then the guy with the crossbow that saved her that I think was a dead fledgling. At some point it stops being romantic. Oh and the 'twins', the one white girl and one black. Yeah, your really hip and in with whats going on. Oh, and the gay guy. What is she missing in these novels besides a plot?

0 Comments: