Thursday, October 14, 2010

Raised by Wolves - Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Raised by Wolves
I have been reading so much garb'age' (it sounds better if you say it french-like) lately I have been completely uninspired to write....

That was until I read Raised By Wolves.

I won't lie, I am only halfway through and if I have any icomplete sentences or other silly errors in this post it is because I stayed up half the night reading half the book before forcing myself to go to sleep. I honestly haven't been this into a book since Twilight. I am not comparing it to that series, but my eagerness to finish this book is comparable. Such as.. Can I get away with reading this at red lights? What about My desk? Haha.

It didn't start out strong and I was really worried I wasn't going to like it, in the first chapter the author spends a lot of time discussing from the main characters point of view, her relationship with the alpha. It's like ok, we get it, your thisclose and he's 'cool' get on with it. BUT -- she quickly recovers and the story is amazing so far and I'm jealous I don't have the talent to write anything this mesmerizing.

I can't help but think it's eerily similar to the Mercy Thompson series though. Eerily. Did Patricia Briggs take on a YA pen name?

1 Comment:

Savannah said...

I love this book as well. I wish Patricia would do a Ya series I would totally read that. But Jennifer is a great write and I can't wait to read her next book!!