Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Shade - Jeri Smith-Ready

Shade

OK I finished this book last night and I just have a few things to say. First of all, this book was amazing. I'm now just sad it took me so long to read. I guess because its cover is so similar to Swoon, and Bleeding violet and even kind of The Dark Divine. I dunno. Anyways so this book was sooo great it had all of the elements,

1. Love triangle
2. Me crying
3. Me caring when the sequel comes out

and as an added bonus it takes place in Baltimore and surrounding areas and I am from MD also so hearing the names of all those places I know about was cool -- however, I wonder how it would be for a non-local. Like... she talked about places so much (or maybe I just noticed them alot since I know where they are) that I wonder if non locals are like wtheck is she talking about or more importantly WHY is she talking about that, as in: why do I care what the street name is? Does that make sense? Who knows, and like I said maybe I only noticed because I know the area and all books are like that.

Anyways so this is freaky.... I finished it last night ... Oct 19th, the same day Logan was born AND died. (He died on his birthday) so that is weird right? I had chills when I finished, and also today (the 20th) is my husbands birthday. oooOOOOoooo.

No I'm not old I just got married young!!! : P

0 Comments: